>

Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Perfect Picnic

The weather this past week has been gorgeous - and definitely has me seeing spring colors everywhere I go! Of course I had to translate these feelings to paper! This layout is actually a combination of inspirations - a color combo challenge from the Creative Scrapbooking Divas (http://divascreativas.ning.com/) and a sketch from Sketchy Thursdays (http://sketchythursdays.blogspot.com/). It's a LO of the kids in one of our simple pleasures - a backyard picnic complete with Happy Meals and sunshine. Here's what I came up with:

I used new American Crafts paper for the background, polka dot & tree paper. Flowers are all cut from last spring's Cosmo Cricket De-lovely collection. Yellow thickers, rub on alphas, Jilly Bean sprout journaling circle, buttons & white acrylic paint. TFL!

8 comments:

  1. STEPHANIE! I saw your like on the Sketchy Thursday Mr. Linky and was wondering if it was YOU and it IS!! So glad I found your blog! love your take on the sketch! Your pages on your blog are all looking FAB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey!!! I finally found your new store and its literally 5 minutes from my house! So exciting! Will have to stop in sometime when you're there! Thanks for your words of encouragement - means a lot coming from someone as talented as you! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeeeeeeeeeee this! I love love love the photos and loving that cloud background!!! Thanks soooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page! Great papers - I never thought to combine those two lines and they look awesome together :). Thanks for playing at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page! Beautiful papers and coLors!Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the happy springy colors! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchy Thursdays this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great clouds and colors on this page. So very fun!!

    ReplyDelete