Black ink pad
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Black ink pad
Saturday, August 6, 2011
Here's how you earn your chance to win:
Friday, July 15, 2011
Please come back and visit again and don't forget to check out the Creative Scrapbooking Divas on our new blog!
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Saturday, July 9, 2011
It may not feel like snow outside in the Northern hemisphere, but if we start our holiday projects now, we just might be ready by December! We would love for you to plan and play along! Please join us as we share with you the wonderful holiday projects of CS Divas.
If you are just now joining us, you can go to Luisa's blog to start at the beginning so you won't miss a hop stop and be eligible for the blog hop prize.
Our blog hop list:
Luisa: Creative Designs by Luisa
Sandy: Scrapbook Blessings
Stephanie: The Magic of Ordinary Days (you are here!)
Jessica: Jessica's Craft Shaque
Yolie: Just Yolie, Just Create
Vanessa: Creating Sensations
Pam: Dreamer's Klub
Alecia: Welcome to Alecia's
Don't forget to comment on the main Diva blog here when you are done for a ticket to be entered for the blog hop prize!!! I am also offering blog candy for new followers & comments!
One of my favorite Christmas traditions growing up was the advent calendar my mom bought every year with little pieces of chocolate behind those magic paper doors that every day my sisters and I couldn't wait to open! Advent calendars have come a long way since then, & for quite awhile I've wanted to make a muffin pan countdown calendar like the ones I've seen on line.
So, let's get started!
1 - 24 count mini muffin pan (got mine from Wal-Mart!)
Scraps of paper (however you choose to make yours; I used 24 different patterns, but you could do a repeating pattern of the same papers)
Magnets (from your fridge or craft store)
Glue (Elmer's Craft Bond Rubber Cement
Let's Get to Work:
1. First I measured the opening of the muffin wells (2") & made my circles a little bigger (2 1/4") so they would clearly fit over the opening instead of falling in.
2. I picked my papers & cut each circle by hand instead of using my Cricut so I could place the patterns exactly where I wanted them.
3. I decided to make my calendar vertical instead of horizontal, choice is yours!
4. Next I figured out the layout of my circles & numbered them on the backs so I wouldn't forget or lose my place.
5. Once all my circles were cut, I set them aside & grabbed my magnets. Using the same 2 1/4" circle pattern, I traced 24 circles from the magnets. Cut around the circle two times, making the circumference just a bit smaller so the edges don't show once glued to the patterned paper.
6. In order to protect your work surface, place a mat (I use a large sheet of foam from Hobby Lobby) on your table before you start gluing.
7. Use the rubber cement to glue the magnet to the patterned paper. Important: always make sure you're placing the glue on the non-magnetized side! (when you're gluing 24 circles it's easy to just glue without thinking!)
8. Lay your glued/magnetized circles on your muffin pan & choose your alphas for each circle.
10. Display: You can either place your advent calendar on a stand or drill a hole/holes in the top to draw ribbon through and hang wherever you choose.
What I'll be putting in my calendar:
1. Candy placed in one well per row. (hey - it's for the kids!) 2. Write your wish list to Santa & mail it. 3. Hop on one foot & sing Jingle Bells. 4. Send Christmas cards to troops overseas. 5. Read the Angel visits Mary (Mark 1:1-8). 6. Drink Hot Chocolate. 7. Watch Polar Express. 8. Create a mural of the nativity scene. 9. Buy a new Christmas book to add to our collection. 10. Bake Christmas cookies! 11. Wear Christmas pajamas & take pictures by the tree. 12. Memorize Bible verses from Luke chapter 2. 13. Visit a local Christmas tree farm & buy fresh boughs to make the house smell good. 14. Drive around neighborhoods & look at Christmas lights. 15. Make family Christmas ornaments for 2011. 16. Build a gingerbread house. 17. Make food for Santa's reindeer. 18. Attend Christmas Eve services at church.
I would love to see what you come up with! For two tickets to win the CS Divas blog hop prize, please post your entries using Mr. Linky by July 12th, 7pm eastern, to be entered to win the hop prize.
Thanks for hopping and have a Divalicious Christmas!
(Remember - post a comment at the Divas blog letting us know that you've left comments on all the Diva blogs for a ticket to win! Thanks for stopping by, leaving a comment or becoming a follower! Winner of the blog candy will be announced in one week! (going out of town next week!) Let's head over to Jessica's blog now!
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Thursday, June 30, 2011
I am so proud of him, and the example of honor, duty, country that he is setting for our children. This Fourth of July weekend I am so thankful for the men and women who volunteer to serve and protect our country, and for their families who sacrifice their loved ones so we may continue to live freely.