>

Monday, January 3, 2011

Project 365




So this year I'm going to do it! Project 365 is a scrapbooker's dream & worst nightmare. The goal is to take at least one picture a day, everyday, for an entire year. At the end of the year, you'll have a snapshot of your life - the highs, lows, the big events and the minutae of everyday. I've already taken some pics, but nothing that I liked until today. Today's pictures are especially meaningful because it's about something that is near and dear to my heart. Cancer became more than just a disease after my mother in law passed two years ago from endometrial cancer, and I wanted to do something to help the fight against it. I'm too out of shape to run a marathon, and I dislike soliciting contributions from friends and family. It has been in the back of my mind to register for the bone marrow donor registry, but never knew what it involved, and thought it was painful. After reading an article in a magazine (All You from Wal-Mart) I decided I was finally going to do it. So one day while the kids were having their "quiet room time", I went to their website and registered. Today I received the kit in the mail and after following their instructions and mailing it back, I will hopefully soon be registered on the National Marrow Donor List. The thought of being a potential match for someone is exciting - to have the chance to make that kind of difference in a child's life, a mother's life, anyone suffering from cancer, well I would jump at that. Wouldn't you? http://www.marrow.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment